2000 expedition squeaking,creaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dimezakk88

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help out with this problem.
Im getting a squeaking and or creaking coming from what started out as only the front end but sounds like creaking from therearas well.also squeaks when going over bumpy roads and stopping,accelerating and turning the steering wheel as well.
Just wanted to know what it might be and how much should i expect to pay for repair,thanks.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Possible ball joints. Depending on what needs replacement (uppers or lowers ) cost 400 to 800 dollars

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ball joints tie rod ends are the usual culprits of the squeaking when turning and going over bump's...

ks10308

Reaction score
Same exact problem with my expedition. I had to get a whole new front end. everything replaced because it was rotted to the core. after that, perfectly fine and no more sounds. My repair was about $1200

B

bedrck46

replaced upper control arms and lower ball joints cost was under $250.00

Front Lower Ball Joint Product ID: MOOG-K8695T $41.33 X2 = $82.66
Front Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint - Driver Side Product ID: MOOG-K8722T $79.54
Front Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint - Passenger Side Product ID: MOOG-K8724T $79.54

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same problem, but it's just dry bushings on the control arms and the ball joints. no rust thankfully. I'm guessing it's going to cost me $400- $500 for parts to refresh the front end. i'm going to do the tie rod ends, ball joints, lower/upper control arms, and sway bar bushings (already did the end links)

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sense moog has moved out of the country X RF ball joints are made in America are supposed to be superior to the moOg

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with bedrck46, buy the parts yourself and do the work. The money you'll save will be HUGE! Buy an auto repair DVD hint hint....and watch the videos on youtube. Google is my biggest fan! Some things we have to have repaired but most things we can do ourselves. This site and the guys here know a lot! Follow what they say and you'll do fine.