2000 expidition is leaking from front of tranny but runs fine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtracer27x

Reaction score
ok so my wifes eddie bauer is leaking tranny fluid from what looks like a big round plug in the front of tranny.looks to be a access cover.this started a few years ago but only leaked when hauling a load or on hot days.any suggestions on what it might be.our eb has 147k and had the tranny replaced under warranty at 74k.:banghead:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
ok so my wifes eddie bauer is leaking tranny fluid from what looks like a big round plug in the front of tranny.looks to be a access cover.this started a few years ago but only leaked when hauling a load or on hot days.any suggestions on what it might be.our eb has 147k and had the tranny replaced under warranty at 74k.:banghead:

Front tranny seal. If the converter has a drain plug its possible it is is loose.

Last edited:

abnranger67

Reaction score
While sitting in traffic today, my 2000 expy leaked all the tranny fluid. Someone walked up to me and told me that fluid was leaking under my truck. When I looked, I saw the tranny fluid literally gushing out till it ran dry. Thing is, I just had a transmission service a month or so ago. What the hell could this be now, grrr? I love this truck, so hopefully this won't cost me a kidney and spleen to fix. Any ideas what to expect that might be causing the leak. Tomorrow I plan fill it with fluid and try driving it to my mechanic or get it towed. Don't want to mess up anything to make it worse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205