2001 back right passanger window won't roll down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2001 back right passanger window won't roll down

either from driver or passanger switch, i hear a clicking. it was working fine the other day. fuse? anyone had issues? what to check?

OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
more window stuff not working. right front passenger and right back passengers don't work. lock/unlock doesn't work on driver side. all window lock switch doesn't work either on driver window.

what fuse relay breaker should I check?

OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i took a couple different photos of the fuse boxes. know which one i should test?

Attachments

• IMG_20130503_193235.jpg
    IMG_20130503_193235.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20130503_193526.jpg
    IMG_20130503_193526.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 310

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for water leaks around the windshield. Sounds like a GEM issue. How many miles are on your truck and has the windshield ever been replaced?

You also might want to run two wires from the battery to the leads on the window motor in the door. Put the leads on one way and the window will roll up or down, switch them and the motor will reverse direction. This will confirm that you did not just coincidentally have this stuff all go bad at once, which I doubt it did.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
136k miles. I changed the windshield a couple months ago, nice and sunny here in California, both right windows worked fine when I bought it, I did install aftermarket amp and kickers., did the wiring myself. After that I think the right windows stopped working, I might have shorted something, Weird how both right windows stopped.

OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL. I fixed all my power window issues now. It was so simple, my wife drove the expy and accidently pressed the window lock button. I ended up switching it back and forth a dozen times and tried the windows, they all work again. I'm guessing the wimdow lock switch is corroded. But all power windows work now. Phantom mechanic helped me out,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69