2002 eddie bauer door lock problem... Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2002 eddie bauer that recently only the driver door would unlock but all the doors lock i dont mind leaning over to open the door for the passenger but i cant open the rear lift gate or glass and cant manualy unlock because some one tryed to pick the lock and broke it.... What do i do; any ideas?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Sounds like the "ALL UNLOCK RELAY" has failed on you. It is located just to the left of the radio. So, you will have to slide out the radio and then you will see 3 relays side by side. I do not recall which one is the ALL UNLOCK relay, but it should be the one with the pink/green and pink/orange wires going to it (the other relays will have different color wires going to them). Swap them around and see if the problem moves. If it doesn't, then you have a problem with the RAP module more than likely.

ExpeditionDrew

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet I have the same problem...at least I know it could be an easy fix.....

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thermo today i took the radio and the climate control out and could not find any relays could it be some where else? and thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 0219121339.jpg
    0219121339.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,296

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Charly, I don't have my normal resources available to me any more (Win7 bit me good). But, the relays are supposed to be to the left of the radio, right in that general area as I recall. If you look around in that area, it is going to be the only 3 relays that are side by side.

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after several attempts and months i can't find anything :bawl: but now that im out of school i have time to get back to this and not being able to open the rear liftgate or glass is starting to be a pain. any other idea as to a solution any help is much appreciated.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to the wiring book, the "lock relay block" is located behind right side of I/P. The picture makes it look like it is all the way on the right side.

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are relays under the dash cover(the big oval part on the right side but I don't know what they control)

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after working in the Florida heat looking for relays, took apart the whole dash and found nothing. going to stop by a junkyard soon to find a RAP module and test that there on the spot.

Attachments

• 2012-07-03 13.00.53.jpg
    2012-07-03 13.00.53.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 918