2003 Expedition 07 Front End Conversion - Raptor Look-a-like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbveenker

Reaction score
So I started this project back in October. I thought it would be cool to have an expedition that looked like a raptor so I set out to find a wrecked expedition. First I set out to repair the front end damage. As I rebuilt it I used parts for a 2007 & newer expedition. They required a few custom brackets for the lights and grille to mount but amazingly things fit pretty well. Next, I had all the trim and new parts painted white because I love the clean matching color. Next, I put on a leveling kit that lifted the front 3.5" and the back 2". I found some nice wheels off of ebay and had a neighbor that was getting rid of his barely used tires. Next I wanted to add some things that would give it a raptor type look. I started with lights including the little led running lights front and back (grille lights still to come), then I started on the grille. I bought a black mesh grille for a starting point and then designed the raptor letters to fit the smaller expedition grille. Once the sizing was decided I cut them out on our CNC milling machine at work, then mounted them to the mesh grille. There are still a few things left, like fog lights and little things here and there, but I thought i'd share what i've done so far.

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice job! That looks really clean. The most I've wanted is to swap the headlights to the black housing Limited ones. I hadn't even though of doing an 07 Raptor front.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice, I'd love to do that to mine. :smile: It looks much more intimidating when you see it in your rear view mirror.

Last edited:

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dude I'm in love with your expy, it's so gnarly looking!

Sent from my $amsung $III using Tapatalk

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So is all that is needed to do this swap the hood, grille, bumper and headlights? Minus the custom brackets for the grille and lights.

Sent from my $amsung $III using Tapatalk