2004 EB new head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I read many threads about this, nothing real new anyway. I was looking at the new pioneer head units with Android. The 7100 and 8100. Can these be installed in place of the stock 6 CD unit and still retain all controls?

I have the stock overhead DVD unit. I wanted to make sure everything will function as OEM? Head phones, sub woofer, steering wheel controls, rear controls etc. Thanks again!

Brian

mjune

Reaction score
Most of the functions

I had an '04 that I put the avic 8000 in and with the PAC controller and adapter plugs I was able to keep everything but the rear controls. The overhead did still work and with the IR headphones they also still worked because those were straight off the over head unit.

Hope this helps!

Mark.

Last edited:

barberjb

Reaction score
Since you have a 2004 with the 6-cd changer and the factory DVD player - can you tell me where the wiring from the dvd player is routed? I have the same setup, but mine was bought used with an aftermarket DVD player. I'm trying to understand how to properly interface an aux/dvd into the stereo. I'm assuming mine once had the factory unit and I'm hoping the DVD end of the wiring is still connected somewhere.

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't help you with that one. I really wanted to keep everything functioning including the rear controls.

Has anyone at all be able to do this?

New head units are coming out with different features all the time. The new line of Pioneer with Android is an example.

Thanks.

barberjb

Reaction score
No, you can help me with this since you have the factory DVD. Once the wiring leaves the factory DVD, where does it go above the headliner? To the driver's side, or the passenger side? Does it connect somewhere under the dash to a secondary harness?

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey barberjb, car audio is not my thing at all and I have no idea. Sorry. Took a look but couldn't tell.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ppl have done this...unfortunately they aren't active anymore so u will have to search the threads

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any further info 6K? Thanks.

yes it's totally doable and retain rear functions. I got the AVIC-8000NEX in my 07 Eddie Bauer. And here's what I used

- a steering adapter to keep all SWC
- a PAC Module to keep Rear Ent functions
- a stepdown converter (which is basically a 1.5K transistor) to keep your sub from making this popping sound every time it comes on.
- USB/AUX flush mount socket (Only because I lost the factory AUX input)

Might be a lttle bit different in an 04 .... but it's all on PAC-Audio's website anyway. and cross reference ebay for better deals.

Last edited: