2004 Eddie Bauer mod plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kansas expy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Newbie here I just bought a 2004 Eddie Bauer 2wd and have started my modding and wanted to get some input from you guys. First off truck is black I have painted the tan trim black and have 5% tint all the way around. Now the fun begins my plan is a 3/2 truxxx lift obx longtube headers borla pro xs muffler and dual pipes out the back. With a custom tune from 5 star. Tires I want to do 315/70/17 have to for any rubbing issues before hand. I will post pics in the next day or two. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wichty-tah! I used to live in Wichita. Lived on the west side (Maize and Kellogg area) and worked for almost all of the aircraft companies: Cessna, Boeing/Spirit and Airbus.

I'm not much help on the mod ideas. I just got mine not too long ago and have been focused on getting it back to tip-top shape before the mods start.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...put some pics up of what it looks like now then again when its finished

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dog N Shake at Harry and Hillside. Mmmmmm.....toasted burgers, fries and a sweet tart drink (cherry limeade). Dang. Was just talking last night. Need to get back down there this summer.

OP
OP
K

kansas expy

Reaction score
Come on down hopefully the rain will stop for more then a day for you. Pics will be coming in about 12 hours just painted the trim again so its torn apart will post as the truck sits when I get up. I also picked up a specter cold air intake and cut off the muffler sounds much better and the intake helps a lot highly recommend it.

OP
OP
K

kansas expy

Reaction score
I have this pic from before I repainted the trim its the same just smoothed out some nicks and chips.

Attachments

• IMG_20150518_112625039.jpg
    IMG_20150518_112625039.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 134

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty fine looking truck you got there, I am planning on going with 35x12.50s on my '03 XLT and when they are mounted in late June or early July I'll most likely start a thread and do a write-up on what you gotta do to fit the big tires. I'm praying that mine will go on with minimal/no rub and/or trimming but we will see in the next month or so. Keep posting your mods and pics as you go though we love seeing an Expedition coming to life on here!!

Edit: I also forgot to mention I will be running an eBay 3.5/2.5 leveling kit similar to a couple other members on here but I believe that the 3/2 isn't much different at all especially a good brand like Truxxx.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kansas expy

Reaction score
Fast update just ordered a 3/2 from eBay just waiting on postman lol. Got the whole underside covered with por15 and have the rims painted black of course will upload more pics when it all drys

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how much por15 did it take to undercoat the truck? We use some nastyish stuff on our roads and I am planning on doing this to my truck in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT