2004 Eddie Bauer mod plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kansas expy

Reaction score
I bought a gallon and used about half. I wish I would have bought it in quarts instead. Even after I use it a roof rack I still will have some left also I sprayed it on highly recommend it vs brushing it on

Last edited:

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's good to hear cuz that stuff is quite expensive. What kind of prep did you have to do, if any?

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
YES! we were just discussing this is gruz7's thread. Would you be able to do a quick write up on your POR job? I'm very interested to get your input as new england roads + ford metal = ****.

I would like to know what you did also for prep/setup, equipment, time... please and thanks!

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We use some nastyish stuff on our roads and I am planning on doing this to my truck in the future.

The stuff the use here really isn't that bad. Either that or the ultra dry weather and tendency to warm up right after it snows leads to vehicles that are native to this area not rusting. My Explorer ('97) shows no signs of rust other than simple surface rust on the frame.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not too bad here thankfully but I would rather it be nothing we use lol.

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
for real... whats the point. Think of how much we would all save in state and city taxes if salt and other mixtures weren't used. I mean on hills or certain spots fine! I know of streets where 55 gallon drums are stored full of sand/salt at the top or bottom of a hill so someone CAN use it if they need. Get snow tires or a 4wd vehicle! Stop ruining our investments. There are plenty of municipalities that do not distribute anything onto the roads with heavy snowfall.. because the people that drive there are aware, careful and usually don't go anywhere unless their vehicle is capable.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. And it would be a state wide real-time winter driving course for all the drivers out there. They would learn how to drive, or else not go anywhere.

OP
OP
K

kansas expy

Reaction score
Sorry its taking me so long to reply work has been crazy. As far as road were I'm at they use brine and salt sand mix. The issue I had most is I live on dirt roads so I would get my truck covered in salt then drive a cover it with mud making it look nasty. As far as prep I would recommend using por 15 metal prep. I didn't on this truck I just power washed it real good and sanded down the bad spots some. As far as doing the job itself take it from me cover anything you don't want por15 on with plastic. I lifted the truck up then covered the floor the lift and most everything in my garage with plastic. The spary gun is trash after though so don't use a nice one. As far as needing to prep as long as its not real bad you don't have to. However with some of the other brands you will so that's why I choose por15 because I was able to just spray and go once the dirt and any other grime was gone.

Update on the truck my lift kit showed up today and my exhaust showed up yesterday. For those wondering borla pro xs sounds bad a$$.

I will get a true write up done for it tonight and post it for everyone

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kansas expy

Reaction score
You can do it with just jack stands make sure you have a paint suit and a full face mask. And I don't know if it was the temp or what but it was dry after about 30 min so move fast lol