2004 expedition memory seat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Creedmoor2644

Reaction score
I have 04 expeditions with memory seats in it. I lost control/power to the mirrors pedals and driver seats. Check fuse #109 is good. I check fuse number #3 is blown. Replace fuse and blown again when trying to adjust the driver seat. Any idea on where to look. I removed the seat wiring harness look good.

NavigatorDude

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen in my '04 Navigator. Water got into the mirror control switch and shorted it out. The SET/1/2 switch could also cause this. Disconnect the mirror and memory switches and see if the short is present.
Do NOT put a bigger fuse into the slot, or else you will blow a trace inside the fuse box.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, you can take the driver's door panel off and unplug all the switches and the mirror switch, then plug in each one by one and test the switches. Also look for any burn indications on the harness plugs you pull off. Over the years water gets into those switches from people opening their doors in the rain.

OP
OP
C

Creedmoor2644

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen in my '04 Navigator. Water got into the mirror control switch and shorted it out. The SET/1/2 switch could also cause this. Disconnect the mirror and memory switches and see if the short is present.
Do NOT put a bigger fuse into the slot, or else you will blow a trace inside the fuse box.
This fix it. It was switch that has the 1 and 2 on it. Thank you so much for information