2004 Expy 4wd does nothing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JAG63

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all fixed theres a loud clunk when it goes in 4 low but the indicator light stays on 4 high. anyone else have this problem?

brad03

Reaction score
dealership Called Said It Was A Broken WIre Under The Seat Took 3 Hours To Fix.

Thank you for taking the time to post your steps. I am having the same problems you did. No 4wd dash light and no 4wd at all. Did the dealership tell you where the wire was broken, under which seat? Thank you again!

Goats

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to post your steps. I am having the same problems you did. No 4wd dash light and no 4wd at all. Did the dealership tell you where the wire was broken, under which seat? Thank you again!

There's wires that run under the drivers sill plate, a lot of the times water gets into them and what not. What year is yours.

OP
OP
J

JAG63

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no sorry they never specified which seat it was but i would assume drivers side, that is where the 4x4 module is located, best of luck tracking it down

brad03

Reaction score
Just an update for anyone looking on this post. I did not have any dash lights for the 4x4 system and did have power to the 4x4 module. I bought a new module from Ford ( $260) and hooked it up and everything came back on. I have a 2003 Expedition 5.4 2v. Thank you all for your help!

OP
OP
J

JAG63

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i wish you would have said something i have a perfect module i would have sold you for $100, tested, i bought it and found out mine was fine