2004 OEM running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey again guys,

My 2004 EB has rust all underneath the OEM running boards. Not sure if these come off to be replaced or are part of the truck? I think I had read somewhere that this was a defect with these? Anyway I was going to bring it to the body shop to have them take a look. Just wondering if others had this problem?

Thanks.

Brian

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The running boards can be removed as an assembly. They're bolted on to the frame, many chooses to remove them to make the truck look higher. For my part, I think they're practical to have. You can simply remove them, or have someone fabricate new ones if yours is rusted beyond repair. Another option is to look for some in a junkyard. Buying new ones is probably way too expensive for what it's worth...

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Ska, removing them not an option as my wife needs them to get in hah. I can't believe how bad the underside rusted. I am going to take a better look to make sure it didn't get to the truck also. Might be cheaper to let the body shop take a look.

My 98 EB expo has zero rust on it hah.

Brian

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I have kids and my wife is not as tall as me, so they would complain if I took them off as well.. hehe.. But I like the running boards. One solution might be to get a set of aftermarket runners or something if the original ones are beyond repair. There's a lot of options.

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try check to check out Westin and Lund. They have nice looking runningboards that are still affordable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinTillery