Power Running Board Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pheasantdog

Reaction score
Hello. I apologize if this has been covered before but I couldn't find one. I have a 2018 Exp Max and have a question on the settings for the power running boards. I try to set them so that they stay out but the settings keep reverting back to Auto. Sometimes it will change as I'm driving. I haven't tried settings for other functions except for the auto-off feature and it also reverts back to on the next time I start the vehicle.

Any clues as to what I can do to keep the settings? I want them out during the winter because the driver side sticks when it's really cold.

Thanks

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
The system will revert back to the auto setting after every cycle. You can keep them out by setting them in the "out" position, and then pull the fuse the goes to the running board motors. Therefore, they will stay out all the time because they have no power to them.
Just don't lose the fuse....

- Joseph

Alliance

Reaction score
Doesn't that same fuse power the heated seats??? That is not a great solution of you want heated seats on the winter.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As stated, it will revert back to auto on the next power cycle. There are ways to change the program to force them to always be open. You could also disconnect the harnesses, but that will possibly throw an error code.