2005 expedition acceleration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I try to pass someone my truck starts to hesitate or jerk, that's the best way I can describe it. It does fine picking up speed from a dead stop and seems to be just while passing. No CELL or anything, just the issue picking up speed to pass and it's not all the time. Any ideas?

plumcolr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah. Marginal coils. Replaced all of mine with MSD Street Fires. Problem went away and gas mileage improved. Summit Racing, 8 coils for $162 and change.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I average 16-17 mpg, and it runs great 99% of the time, just this slight hesitation when passing and it's not all the time. I can accelerate from 0-90 with no problems and pretty dang quick for the weight of the truck. It's just when I'm already going down the road and try to pass someone.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might be fuel related. Instant wide open throttle needs more fuel. Try replacing fuel filter.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
That still doesn't explain why it doesn't do it from a dead stop, if I floor it sitting still it does just fine it's only after I'm already going down the road

BrinkExpo

Reaction score
Just had this happen to my truck and it was 3 bad coils. Cylinder 1,5,7 I believe.

I had no engine lights but when I plugged in my scanner while driving the codes pulled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford