2006 2nd Gen Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off this is my first post, and secondly yes i have read and searched throughout the forum and other forums for help. I need new tires and have been wanting to get a lift at the same time. I want a rize but that will never happen due to me already having a 2006 F250 with a 6" fabtech suspension on 37's. My boss the wife wants to keep this truck better suited as our daily driver with mild off road capabilities. I Live in central texas, i don't go rock climbing but or go balls to the wall mudding or go high speeds on off road conditions. I do however go to our ranch in Mexico where larger tires are very helpful. I will be using this Expo for work and hunting which includes hitting the trails off the beaten path that do have mud and muck and want to get to my destination without getting stuck before my morning duck hunt. with that being said this is what I've found.
1. stay away from a 3"+ lift if possible
2. The Rancho easy lift struts are hit and miss for some people getting too much sag.
3. i know you can stuff 35x12.5 with the proper back spacing, but cant seem to find where i saw that. so I'm not sure what that is.

I want to run 35x12.5 and would like to know how some of you have done it. I'm not interested in a spacer between the spring and coil. that causes too much stress on the coil and the ride is rough. been there and done that not looking to go back. I keep looking at the ready lift 3"f 2"R lift but have heard mixed reviews and not only that it's $400.00. Truxx is a 2.75"F 2"R for $275.00 which is comparable to the Rough Country 2.5"F 2"R. I don't mind spending hard earned money but i find it hard to spend $400.00 for a spacer that only lifts .5" and costs and additional $125.00. I also keep seeing lifts on ebay just don't know if they are good or bad lifts.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think about the only way to fit 35's, is with a spacer lift, and some trimming. detroit darin is running 34.4" tires. The ebay spacers aren't bad. I've had mine for over 2 years. And no problems so far. I go off roading in the truck, fire roads, trails, mud pits, etc. So far no problems.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't imagine the spacers put anymore stress on the struts than having the struts themselves lift the truck, even if they are designed for it. No lift is ever going to provide a cushy stock ride, especially with the big thick tires.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fordandpolaris can you put spacers on lets say Rancho Struts with the goal of giving you another 2"s or so?

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I've been really busy at work and have been working on the Expo. I installed Brisk Spark plugs and Weapon X Coils. I figured that i would try this out and wow. i was already having to replace the plugs and coils anyways, but this was better than i ever expected. My Expo is much more responsive and is nicer than my new Tundra i just bought.
Sorry that was off topic, but i decided to go with the ready lift and I'm going to try to Go to my local Discount Tire and see if they will help me out with threads. I really want a 6" lift but i'll have to settle for the 3/2 Ready lift along with the new Bilstein 4600 series shocks. I'm very mechanically inclined, but i almost had a bad accident compressing a spring and so i'm uneasy about doing that. However my local AAMCO said they would install the shocks and lift for $250.00 so i think im going to do that then head over to get an alignment then new tires. just an update.

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still waiting for my shocks but here is the lift.
6f2223fcd0a7f0ae563c3c40608eb751.jpg
f71f0281b25693d33732c806f1531de2.jpg
/aca00f9507498e6fa54d1b77551a2b63.jpg[/IMG]
Wow not even made in murika.
adf21fdc82756510afdb6b5713c77cce.jpg
3278b8718d4227753db50181daa680b6.jpg
05079c981695cfd2ab5bc6eb5c50380e.jpg

Doesn't look like 3 inches

OP
OP
AggieExpo

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well after looking at the lift i believe that i either was sent the wrong package or this is not a 3x2 lift. so i'm returning these and looking for a different option. probably going with a rize lift. for those of you who used a 3" leveling kit did your spacers measure more than my ready lift.