2006 Ford Expeditionn 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
guys I need help building my 06 Expedition 5.4L. I currently have a 06 Exp that I replaced the gears from 323 to 373 gear ratio, I put Gibson headers, and K&N intake system. I want to know how to build my exhaust. can I remove my cats completely or do I need them? I have read on other Ford forums tat 2 1/4" piping is recommended is this true? what about custom tuning? I'm located in Texas 956 area code anyone do custom tuning?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need at least 2 cats...most people do rear cat delete and sometimes throw CEL so u will have to be aware of the 02 sensor position...then youre faced with the question of duals or not...duals will not fit easily due to the IRS so you will have to be creative to get duals on the truck...ppl have removed the spare completely...just for install...ran out the hitch area...gone under the pumpkin...used smaller tubing to fit around the IRS...i will never go off-road so i will go under the pumpkin or drop spare

OP
OP
AbelNavyvet

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK so what will happen if I remove both cats? will my truck be misfiring or something? I mean I did it to my trans am WS6 and it ran great. I under stand they are two totally different vehicles but what will happen?

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you remove the cats, the voltate your O2's read will be off triggering a CEL. That's about all. Some vehicles shoot fire without cats (see RX8), some just get loud and stinky. I'd bet a good cat is not harming by 1hp your truck's engine's power production.

OP
OP
AbelNavyvet

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh ok so if I keep the top two cats where can I get a custom Y pipe because the factory Y pipe restricts so much dude for real!