2006 P0307 code help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkc1962

Reaction score
Need some help, On the road about 360 miles from the house, and pulling a trailer. My 2006 starts running rough and has kicked a p0307 code.(110k miles, full major tuneup done at 100k) Shows as a cyl 7 misfire. So far, I’ve replaced the coil for #7, replaced the injector for #7,and replaced the#7 plug, checked the continuity on the wires for both the injector and the coil, none show open, and none show any sort of shorts. Did each item one at a time to do no more than has to be done. None of this has fixed the problem. It still has a miss,still losing power, and still throws a p0307 code. Is there anything else that would be the cause of a P0307 code?

Ive read a few posts that say it could be an EGR issue, an 02 sensor issue...arent there special codes just for those items.

Any and all help appreciated.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try and check the connectors for the coil and injector for any signs of corrosion and for tightness use some dielectric grease on the connections
maybe replace the coil boot

OP
OP
M

mkc1962

Reaction score
too late tonight to check what I just found. MY digital FSM shows that cyl #7 is the 3rd from the front on the passenger side just below the ECM module. Unless I am viewing this diagram wrong. However, Ive just found several articles on the net that state that the cylinders 5,6,7,8 are on the driver side. If this be the case then Ive spent all day working on #3?

Oh well dumb arse me. :Stupid Me:....guess i just dont work on ford's enough. once working on the proper cylinder I finally found the problem to be the spark plug. THATS IT FOR ME AND AUTOLITE. I used AL's at the 100k changeout as they looked more sturdy than the OEM and the siezing issue. But, This makes 2 autolite platinum plug failures for me in the last 6 months. One here and one on my daily driver (corolla) Both platinum plugs, both less than 10k before total electrical failure. I'll be changing them all out when I get a chance. I guess it's back to oem.

Last edited: