2007 100k upgrade project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my Expedition.

000_0001.jpg

I am going to start going at it this year. I would like to have advice on this project as the year moves along.

This is basically stock right now with the air suspension.

What are the "first haves" that you all have done and would recommend to me?

Last edited:

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
depends on what you want to do with your project. do you want a stock look with just having a lil bit better performance or gas mileage? or do you a street looking lowered expy running 24in+ rims? or do you want an offroad look?

as for "must haves" most will say gotts mod or a CAI(such as a k&n series 77), programmers(sct, edge, etc), exhaust. hope this helps. and ask questions and and give us details, as most of us here will try and help out with answers or opinions.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends on what you want to do with your project. do you want a stock look with just having a lil bit better performance or gas mileage? or do you a street looking lowered expy running 24in+ rims? or do you want an offroad look?

as for "must haves" most will say gotts mod or a CAI(such as a k&n series 77), programmers(sct, edge, etc), exhaust. hope this helps. and ask questions and and give us details, as most of us here will try and help out with answers or opinions.

he covered it all...once you let us know your style you/we can go from there...as he mentioned...intake...programmer...exhaust and go from there...thats pretty much the standard regardless of which way you go

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I am looking for a little more HP. Maybe better sounding exhaust. Larger tires and a little lift. I had a Jeep GC that I added a 2" budget boost and it looked great.
I think my Expedition deserves a little more height. Also tires that look aggressive but are good on the road too. I don't need to turn the vibration/sound up a lot.

Definitely performance though. I love the way it drives now, but I want to put some TLC into it.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can always make it look like mine, info in the signature...
IMG_0557.jpg
Have fun with the project, let me know if I can help in any way.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just re-read your post, you mentioned WITH AIR SUSPENSION, therefore your lifting options will be very limited. Most of the "budget" spacer lifts are for use on NON-AIR RIDE, unless you are planning on doing a conversion.
Just my opinion, work the performance side first before you go after the height.

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First of all, nice color scheme Dib52. ;)

That seems to be the issue I am running into with the air suspension, not a lot of choices.

I think I am going to go after the K&N air filter first. Then I am going to have the spark plugs changed out.

The 90k mile checkup has some things like fuel filter and cabin air filter to be changed out.

I'm also going to add a bug guard and a grille guard (black powder coat).
I think I want to add 3 off road lights to it. Any recommendations on the brands for this setup?

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you, same to you.

I have the factory Ford bug guard, only ran me $75 installed back in 08.

As far as the fuel filter, it's a PITA! I tried mine at 45,000 just for piece of mind and failed miserably. Ended up dragging it to the dealer and they did it for $35. The pressure clips are really hard to dis-engage and there ain't a lot of room.

Cabin air filter...don't have one on ours, really never understood that.

K&N...filter or the whole CAI? Mine has the FIPK 63-2575.

Spark plugs... Take it to the dealer, they like to break due to the piss poor factory design. When, not if, they break, they get stuck in the head and without the proper extraction tool you'll be SOL!!

As far as the grill guard, full or bull bar? I've always had my eye on this one...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-11-Ford-Expedition-Bull-Bar-Guard-Push-F150-/120869668941?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2008%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AExpedition&hash=item1c2464c84d&vxp=mtr#ht_5860wt_907
Hope that helps some.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the advice. It helped me determine and feel good about my Truxx 3/2 lift. I just received it in the mail and hope to have it installed this weekend. Then, of course, new pics.

Once this is installed, we then need to talk about tires!!

I am thinking of the Firestone Destination A/T
Destination A/T: Firestone Tires

What will be the real life biggest tire I can get?

What other brand/model should be considered?