2007 Expedition Intermittingly violent shaking while idling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
This is an awesome video. Probably nailed it on the head. Sounds like I may need two VTC solenoids at about $80 each and to pre-clean and to change the oil out with some quality Pennzoil with detergent. However, near the video, he does say if there is knocking sound and what not it could be a phaser although he's never experienced this issue with a Ford unit. What is a phaser? Sounds like StarWars. Wish this guy was in Phoenix, I'd take it to him take care of it.

Thank you for the video. I have subscribed.
I encourage anyone with a Ford vehicle to subscribe to him. He an amazing technician and knows ford up and down.

Try the shocking method he explained to get it working then run some oil with heavy detergents for a few weeks. Maybe it'll clean them up enough so theres no hurry to get it done. Ive also heard some of the valve covers allow replacement without valve cover removal but not sure how early or late your 07 model is. Good luck sir and hope this gets you rolling!

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The phaser is what actually adjusts the timing. They can be done with valve cover removal but a few roller followers need to be removed and timing set locked in place with a cheese wedge. You'll have to skim through his videos for phaser replacement for better instruction as I'm gearing up to do it on my 07 but have never done it before

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcason94