2007 expedition key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick Falcone

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just upgraded from my 03 to 2007 expedition. Loving it so far. I was only given one key with it. I have another Ford key not cut. I was just wondering if I have to go to dealer for this? Is there a transmitter inside that has to be programmed? Thanks for the help. -Nick

CBE8BAC9-F2A9-47A6-A393-1974F5C4A89E.jpeg

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks just like my 2008 PATS key, any locksmith should be able to cut it, but you will need to go to a dealer to get the car programmed to recognize it. You can go to ACE or somewhere similar and they will cut and program a key for you (car doesn’t need to be programmed) but they won’t program a key that you bring to them. ACE charged me $70 for a new blank and to cut program the key. Each genuine Ford key has a programmed code inside and the car has to be programmed to recognize the new key code, Ace, Walmart, etc have a blank key with no code and they have a machine that reads the code in your existing key and then programs the exact same code into the new key, this way the car does not have to be programmed as it already knows the original key code.. hope that helps.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may be able to use ForScan to program it to your truck once it’s cut. Not 100% on your ‘07, but I’ve done it on my ‘17 and my wife’s ‘12 focus.

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Find a mobile locksmith who will come to your house, get it done for half the price of the dealer. I've found that it's always much easier to have the person who cuts it also program it and test it. These keys can be a pain. Others may have other results...just my 2 cents.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I bought my '07 it came with one key, a locksmith that works with dealers made a second key but had to order the fob for the power liftgate/rear window option. Took the guy 15 minutes once he got the correct FOB. This was in Michigan, other area's may be different, selling dealer paid for it.

Arcticfrost

Reaction score
I got a set of keys cut and programmed them myself which was pretty easy to do. Saved some $$ from having it done at the dealer. If your not confident in cutting them yourself definitely have them cut at a locksmith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk