2007 Heater Hose assembly leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since i posted but my 07 expo just sprung a nice little leak in the heater hose right above the spark plug location. it's leaking right at the t junction I haven't really been able to find anything online related to a newer style expo removing these hoses just 1st gens. Does anyone out there have any experience in replacing this part? I was able to get the parts i need from a friend who works for ford for 80 bucks total. The dealer wanted 450 bucks for do the work which i thought was crazy talk. going to attempt to do this myself just wanted to see what i might be in for or if anyone had any advice.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the same problem I had last summer. Cost me $900 because they also had to replace the coil packs the fluid had leaked onto.

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after buying the replacement hose from ford i went to install it and it's about 6 inches too long. I went back to ford and apparently it's the only hose they offer as the new models design for the hose has changed. I want to know what the technician would have done when he went to go replace the part? would he have just cut the hose and spliced it and called it a day? It took me 10 minutes to pull the old one off and put the new one on but now i have to deal with this ********. Am i crazy here or am i justified in thinking this is completely wrong on fords end? you mean to tell me that my 07 has this mystery part that can no longer be purchased by ford? I think i'm going to try another dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_8826.jpg
    IMG_8826.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 3,504

jimb726

Reaction score
Well after buying the replacement hose from ford i went to install it and it's about 6 inches too long. I went back to ford and apparently it's the only hose they offer as the new models design for the hose has changed. I want to know what the technician would have done when he went to go replace the part? would he have just cut the hose and spliced it and called it a day? It took me 10 minutes to pull the old one off and put the new one on but now i have to deal with this ********. Am i crazy here or am i justified in thinking this is completely wrong on fords end? you mean to tell me that my 07 has this mystery part that can no longer be purchased by ford? I think i'm going to try another dealer.

Sounds like your buddy might have gotten you the wrong part? if not then you may have to buy the other half of the hose, might be why the dealer was so expensive?

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually for anyone that might have this issue in the future. there is an extra smaller hose that extends from the heater core that Ford stopped using in the newer models and replaced it using one big longer hose. So at least for the 2007 models once you remove the first heater hose you just need to reach back and remove this smaller adapter. Once this came off the hose that Ford gave me ended up being the right part.

CJ0920

Reaction score
Mine started leaking pretty bad flooding the spark plug chambers on the coil packs.

Do you have pictures or part numbers you replace. I need to find out exactly what part number it is.

CJ0920

Reaction score
OK, part should be here today, anyone know how this hose comes off? Do I need a quick disconnect tool or do I just squeeze and pry them off?

CJ0920

Reaction score
Very frustrating no one has responded yet, so I will answer my own question in hopes to help others here that may run into the same issue.

The heater hose has a quick disconnect connector on the end of the 5/8" hoses with the exception of one hose clamp closest to the thermostat.

Rather than using a quick disconnect tool I used a skinny small vice grip and squeezed the plastic ends in at the same time. You will hear a click, then push in the hose and pull it back. The hose should remove leaving the plastic clip on the line.

I don't have the part number handy at this moment but if any one needs that let me know, or I'll update that when I have it handy. Purchased the replacement part from tasca shipped for $49 ordered Tuesday was here Thursday.

Caution, the new hose is longer than the original. The original has an extension about 6" that goes very close to the firewall. I took out the OEM hose (first section) first and climbed up and used my fingers to disconnect the connector and yanked the hose out. The replacement is one piece. Also when removing the hose be ready for coolant to be draining. I used a wet vac to get all the coolant sitting around the coil packs.

My OEM hose seems fine however it was leaking somewhere on the plastic T on those plastic things. They don't look like they move or separate which is why I just ordered a replacement hose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dcook

Reaction score
Heater Hose Assembly

Hi, Thanks for the update. It does help.

How were you able to access the disconnect clips on the hoses? I have a 99 expedition 1st-gen.

Thanks in advance. Darryl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT