2008 Expedition Wrench Icon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRedman

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition that the check engine light came on then it turned off and I had 0 power accelerating from a stop. When I got to a safe spot, I turned it off and then tried to turn it back on and everything comes on but doesn’t click or act like it wants to turn over and it’s now displaying a wrench on the LED screen. I scanned it & it gave a code saying it lost coms to the TCM.

Took it to ford & told them I already scanned it & it gave me the error message above. They said it was not the coms/TCM but the starter which did not make sense to me & wanted $700 to replace it - so I replaced it myself. With the new starter in, no codes are showing now but still the wrench icon & it is doing the same thing before where it won’t click/turn over but all the lights, dash, electrical work fine.

Anyone else experience this? Local ford dealership is the pain in the ass to deal with.