Voltage check help please 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jman

Reaction score
Does anyone know or would someone be willing the check their voltage at the Throttle Control Motor wires with key in ON position? My TCM does not respond, Car will idle in limp mode with it unplugged, plug it back in and it stalls. Have tested continuity on every wire I can find to eliminate a bad or broken wire, have checked all wires to ground to see if there is a short. Scanner shows gas pedal is functioning, changed TPS, no change, and this is a new TCM. Codes all reference TCM. Found it strange that there is voltage on both wires to the TCM, which could be the issue, but I don't have a wiring diagram to verify grounding of TCM.

Any help is greatly appreciated before I spend a chunk of money replacing the PCM.

Deeser

Reaction score
Here are the pinpoint tests for the throttle position sensor

Attachments

• TP Diag.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
OP
OP
J

jman

Reaction score
Thank you for the testing info.
Current codes are 2101, 2104, 2110,2111,2135
I have had 0122& 0223 but voltage out of the pedal seemed to be withing range based on what I can find.
It has a new TPS and TCM, tried a new pedal but no change so I took it back.

The problem progressively got worse over about 100 miles, strongly believe PCM is the problem.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know or would someone be willing the check their voltage at the Throttle Control Motor wires with key in ON position? My TCM does not respond, Car will idle in limp mode with it unplugged, plug it back in and it stalls. Have tested continuity on every wire I can find to eliminate a bad or broken wire, have checked all wires to ground to see if there is a short. Scanner shows gas pedal is functioning, changed TPS, no change, and this is a new TCM. Codes all reference TCM. Found it strange that there is voltage on both wires to the TCM, which could be the issue, but I don't have a wiring diagram to verify grounding of TCM.

Any help is greatly appreciated before I spend a chunk of money replacing the PCM.
Just for giggles, are there any leaks in the air plenum hose between the MAF sensor and the throttle body?

OP
OP
J

jman

Reaction score
I did do the starting fluid check around all joints and throttle body base, did not find a leak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire