2008 fleet model XLT, add third row seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgrygla

Reaction score
I just lost my trustie 2004, XLT. RIP. I have a good lead on a 2008, but it is a fleet vehicle without a third seat. Would it be possible to install my old 2004 third manual seat into the 2008 model? I don't know how much the body changed or if I can get underneath to bolt it down.
Thoughts?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think it would fit too, but I would highly doubt a Ford dealer would know whether or not it would fit. Your best bet would be to measure the cargo area, and determine whether the bolt holes are in the same place.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just remember the rear trim panels also have to be replaced when installing the seat belts, and I wouldn't count on those being the same between the '04 and '08.

OP
OP
J

jgrygla

Reaction score
siding

i wonder if the siding frm my 04 will fit somehow. i kept it for parts since the engine died.

wadesdad

Reaction score
I had a 2007 Expedition SPV (Police version). All the mounting lugs are present. In fact, the Cargo Tray that replaced the third row was bolted in with the Grade 8 fasteners that would attach the seat. I suggest Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for the third row. You can search by color, distance etc. Most auto recyclers will also have their phone numbers listed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition