2010 Expy. Fun Transmission troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
Ours did something similar, we were coming home to SoCal from Lake Tahoe on 395 between June and Mammoth lakes around 7500ft whenever I would step on peddle for passing etc. it would shift so hard I thought trans was going to fall out. Didn't seem to do it in low lands. When we got home, I found a TSB about hard shifting, took it to local dealership, VIN record showed it had been flashed previous to our purchasing it (second owner) when they scanned it wasn't in, they re-flashed has been fine ever since.
I also had the bulkhead connector leak, I fixed that and changed filter and fluid (pretty much have to since you drop the pan).

OP
OP
L

LukeWarner

Reaction score
Ours did something similar, we were coming home to SoCal from Lake Tahoe on 395 between June and Mammoth lakes around 7500ft whenever I would step on peddle for passing etc. it would shift so hard I thought trans was going to fall out. Didn't seem to do it in low lands. When we got home, I found a TSB about hard shifting, took it to local dealership, VIN record showed it had been flashed previous to our purchasing it (second owner) when they scanned it wasn't in, they re-flashed has been fine ever since.
I also had the bulkhead connector leak, I fixed that and changed filter and fluid (pretty much have to since you drop the pan).

Did you change the bulkhead connector and the seal as well? I'm seeing a TSB about the bulkhead connector leak (TSB 14-0069) and it says nothing about replacing the connector. Just wondering what parts I should get before I drop the pan.

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
Yes I did install new bulkhead seal.
If I recall it was an orange O-ring, I don't remember where I got ebay or dealer, might as well get a filter and new fluid, I used Motorcraft LV.

nater

Reaction score
The entire Valve body is available online for about $550.

FL3Z-7A100-E

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/t...sy-transmission-7848293-1#sectionId:141081100

Don't forget to buy the $15 plastic O-ring connection thingy!

AL3Z-7F401-A

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/transmission/clutch-parts/seal-7889061-1

The new valve body includes everything, solenoids, bulkhead connector already installed, etc

Don't forget the filter and pan gasket either.

It's less work for a do-it-yourselfer to replace the whole thing.

Nate

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger