2015 Expedition EL Limited Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

War Wagon

Reaction score
Just bought a 2015 last night. Not new to Expeditions. I have owned the 2010, 2013, and now 2015, all Limited EL.

Question on this one though. There is pushbutton start. How can I open the liftgate without taking the key fob out. Isn't the point of pushbutton start to be able to keep the keybob in your pocket? When the car is locked, and the fob is in my pocket, the button on the liftgate won't open the trunk until I pull out the fob and unlock all the doors.

Also, this was a last on the lot 2015 while the 2016s are coming in. I got the Tuxedo Black with Ebony interior. My car has 22" wheels. Are those stock in 2015, or an upgrade?

OP
OP
War Wagon

War Wagon

Reaction score
Also, is the Continuously Dampening Suspension with Sport, Normal, and Comfort modes an option on the Limited or is it stock? How can I tell if I have it?

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you can go into the setting the program it to unlock the drivers door or all the doors when you push a keypad button on the drivers door. If you set it to unlock all then I believe you should be able to then open the lift gate. It's by far not the best system. You would be able to walk up to the lift gate with all the doors locked and press the button and open just the lift gate. Also they need to set it up to where one keypad press unlocks the driver door and two unlocks all the doors. Don't understand why these details were over looked.

As far as the continuously dampening suspension goes that is an option. Our 15 limited doesn't have it. 22" rims can come stock as an option as well but we have the 20s.

Sent from my iPhone

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, is the Continuously Dampening Suspension with Sport, Normal, and Comfort modes an option on the Limited or is it stock? How can I tell if I have it?

The CDS is optional and requires a forced option of the 22" wheels.

(I own a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4.)

OP
OP
War Wagon

War Wagon

Reaction score
So you can go into the setting the program it to unlock the drivers door or all the doors when you push a keypad button on the drivers door. If you set it to unlock all then I believe you should be able to then open the lift gate. It's by far not the best system. You would be able to walk up to the lift gate with all the doors locked and press the button and open just the lift gate. Also they need to set it up to where one keypad press unlocks the driver door and two unlocks all the doors. Don't understand why these details were over looked.

As far as the continuously dampening suspension goes that is an option. Our 15 limited doesn't have it. 22" rims can come stock as an option as well but we have the 20s.

Sent from my iPhone
I totally agree. Having to walk around to the driver's door to hit the keypad to go around to the tailgate is just dumb. Found the option you mentioned to have it open all doors. That is better, but not optimal.

What happened to that cool feature where to kick your leg out under the rear bumper and the liftgate opens? I believe the Escape had it? That should be implemented with the Expedition if the fob is located at the rear of the vehicle.

OP
OP
War Wagon

War Wagon

Reaction score
The CDS is optional and requires a forced option of the 22" wheels.

(I own a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4.)

Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping I have it as I have 22s. Looking in the dash menus I can't find it. CCD is not on the window sticker either. Neither are the 22" wheels though, so who knows?