2015 Expedition Limited Poor Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dad was given a 15 el for a rental and i can honestly say that its not harsh by any means but its def more old school than needs to be and it shakes over every bump you roll over. That reason alone would prevent me from gettin one. The 13 i drove not alone didnt twerk like this. No excuses for that at all it feels like a pick up from well over a decade ago. Do u have that problem with ur ride quality? Does anyone else does?

I've got an '11 EL Limited with standard shocks all around, so it's not exactly apples to apples, but shouldn't be too much difference in the ride between that and the '15. Anyway, I can take this thing down the highway at 80mph+ and hit bump after bump without so much as a shimmy. That's on a set of so-so Pirelli Scorpion tires as well. The only other vehicle of its size (the Suburban) is downright scary when taking bumps at 80mph+ (though I do wish my Expy had the Suburban's far-superior seats).

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition Limited with 20" wheels and standard suspension and it rides very nice, no complaints here. Rides way better than the Nissan 370Z it replaced and better than my 2006 Ram 1500

War Wagon

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb observation, but do you have the CCD suspension? If so, there are settings for Sport, Normal, and Comfort modes. If you are in Sport mode, the ride will be rougher.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
After taking the 2015 Expedition Limited to the dealer and replacing the front struts it continued to ride poorly. Yesterday, I replaced them with OEM struts from a 2015 Ford F150 and it now rides awesome!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
interesting, i was thinking of doing that at one pt. i test drove an el limited not too long ago and i cam honestly say that one was one of the best driving trucks i ever driven, much better than the one rental from a yr ago. glad u found a solution to ur problem.

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have factory 22's on my 2016, and have the adjustable suspension set to (Sport). The ride is firm, but comfortable.
brick

PrepVet

Reaction score
My 15 XLT rides wonderfully on the stock wheels much better than the 13 Explorer on stock 20 inch rims I got rid of.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the explorers ride good but not great. the expys with the ccd ride amazing, some of the best riding cars in the business period.