2016 Expedition Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So we just bought a 2016 Expedition and I immediately I wanted to get it a nice exhaust system to open up those turbos. I found an exhaust that I liked but is not ment for the 2016 Expedition they only make it for the F-150 so is it possible for me to go ahead and buy an exhaust for the F-150 and put it on an expedition?

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Magnaflow makes one specifically for the expedition. Due to the irs I don’t think an F150 exhaust will fit because they have a solid axle with a lot more room in the undercarriage.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go to a shop that can custom bend pipes and you can get the mufflers and resonators, they can make them fit, but it will cost more.

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An F 150 exhaust will not fit an Expy. I would also be a bit concerned about “drone” at cruising speed...
brick

Okgearhead

Reaction score
You could just buy a performance muffler that has the same size inlet and outlet as the factory muffler, might have to ad some exhaust pipe to make up the difference in the length of the muffler. ( factory mufflers tend to be larger than the aftermarket.) this is what I’ve always done instead of replacing the whole exhaust.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^^^^^ This

Go to a muffler shop and have them weld in something aftermarket like a Flowmaster, Magnaflow, etc. Lose the small black muffler under the bumper and have them replace it with straight pipe with a nice chrome tip. Way cheaper then an aftermarket kit. Magnaflow wants $800+ for their Expedition kit. Screw that

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id say do the muffler if your going to do anything because honestly you aren’t getting much bang for your buck doing exhaust on a V6, especially a turbo engine. Engine sound harmonics and Exhaust note is more of a science than we think. A V6 engine isn’t going to get a deep throaty sound of a bigger motor and the reason stems back to the pulses coming out the manifolds (smaller bore and 3 pulses per side) and on top of that your running it through a turbo which eliminates any harmonics it would have had beforehand. Generally the bigger the piston bore, the deeper the sound (think 350 vs 454 big block exhaust note). All that being said it’s up to you but your not getting the same bang for your buck IMO, lots of times it just sounds a bit more raspy on a smaller motor. Just stating what I’ve observed in the past.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dunno about that... kinda wish my V8 triton had a throaty growl like my I6 twin turbo diesel 335d....