2017/2018 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the bodies are very similar

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 86
  • images (8).jpg
    images (8).jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 83

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford and Lincoln got together like Chevy and GMC

Mr. 10K

OP
OP
metaldrgn

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those pics are the development mules for the expy, the body is jus to test the aluminum panels. also the front end will be original, not the f150 front end. motorweek spied expys with camoed fromt clips and the overall design is quite different from the f150. i dont kno if the overall body design is goin to be like the navigator concept which in itself is using the explorers basic body design, but i think itll be somewhat close to what the navi concept looks like. if not, im goin navi 2

Yes and I think that's most of the problem. They either use the F150s design or the explorer design. The 07+ had more originality, but still not truly unique. I don't think they need to do a drastic redesign because the base is good, but a full body remodel would be in order. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what comes out. A major part as I've mentioned in another post a while back is they don't sell nearly as well as the explorer or F150. Maybe the market will sway sometime later, but there's no telling what the future will hold.

Also it seems like even though those may be development pictures, I don't see how it could be drastically different than that seeing how much it costs to actually produce an functional vehicle. Just a rendering I could see it being incredibly different, but not if there are photos of something that's been produced. I'm not saying it isn't possible by any means.

I would still like to make a design that hopefully Ford would use lol. I think I have a really good concept and eventually I want to model it. If nothing else, even if Ford doesn't care to use it, maybe someday I can just have a 1-of made if I ever can get to that point.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty cool.

2018-Ford-Expedition-artists-rendering-201-876x535.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will PASS on this truck...just an extended F150...lol...NAVIGATOR PLZ!!!

Mr. 10K

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i kno thats just a rendered assumption of what the new truck will look like but its acutally pretty nice outside the f150 front end. im actually pretty confident that the truck will look good as all generations of the expy were pretty good looking, even the first 2 gens are still holding up if its clean. im hoping ford uses an interior design closer to the explorer than the f150. i think the explorers interior is more aesthetically sound and uses better material. as long as they dont give it that awkwardly long dash, it would be nice.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2nd Gen and it's the best design so far too me

Mr. 10K