2017 Lost all power going uphill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2o17EL

Reaction score
My 2017 with 92k miles lost all power going uphill. It showed "Check Manual" on the dash. I coasted to a stop and shut it off. I started it up and it was fine. This has happened twice in 3 weeks. It returns no code when plugged into the reader. My FIL says it's probably the fuel pump. Anyone else have this problem? What was the solution?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2017 with 92k miles lost all power going uphill. It showed "Check Manual" on the dash. I coasted to a stop and shut it off. I started it up and it was fine. This has happened twice in 3 weeks. It returns no code when plugged into the reader. My FIL says it's probably the fuel pump. Anyone else have this problem? What was the solution?

From afar - I’d bet the throttle body assembly is bad. Ford had issued a TSB regarding the throttle control on the 2016-2017 models.

Geargambler

Reaction score
I swapped the throttle body on my 17 limited when this happened a few times. It’s an easy swap and wasn’t too expensive. Was right around 90k miles too.

woodmanjc

Reaction score
Engine died in my 2017 when going up mountain highway, finally got it up the mountain after restarting it a few times and drove it 1500 miles home. Local dealer found and replaced the weak fuel pump, runs okay now. I posted about this in September 2023.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
90% it is the throttle body. Same exact thing happened to me, see link below.

Ruthlesslv

Reaction score
110k on my 2017. Replaced the stock throttle body with a hitachi after going on limp mode. The stock one inside was covered with carbon and wasn’t letting the actuator open or close. The new one fixed the issue and didn’t have to recalibrate it.

poorboy08

Reaction score
I have a 2017 and periodically I had the same problem. Probably around 80 to 90k I had the throttle body replaced under warranty (bought the turd used with 44000 on the odo). After that no issues. Other than that now I'm fairly certain I'm getting the torque converter shudder, but that's another topic.