2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i call bull muffins, my 2016 eco with 373 gears 4x4 will flat leave escalade's in the dust.
the eco boost is dynamo, with respectable mpg and gobs of tq

I believe a lot of this(along with ride) has to do with drive modes. The modes make a distinct differentiation of the behavior of the vehicle. If u want that sporty acceleration it needs to be in sport mode, which comes at the expense in ride in the ccd equipped models. In eco(lower extent in normal) the engine can feel a tad lethargic in comparison to sport mode and other vehicles, but the ride is more cushy. A lot of reviews will say one of the other: fast but harsh, soft and smooth but somewhat slow.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i call bull muffins, my 2016 eco with 373 gears 4x4 will flat leave escalade's in the dust.
the eco boost is dynamo, with respectable mpg and gobs of tq

The Escalade and Tahoe RST with the 6.2L are 0-60 in 5.6-5.7 seconds.... I don’t think any other Full size SUV rivals their speed. A 1st gen ecoboost is no match for a 6.2L in a race. But then again who cares what’s faster we drive 3 ton tanks. I bought the ford because I like the whole truck better even though GM had faster offerings.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stopped turning wrenches about 20 years ago. I figured I could afford to pay someone to do the work for me.
I’ll sill service my wife’s Fit and my moms car and, on occasion, my sisters if it’s something that’s not an immediate need. I’m debating on selling my project car, it’s been a project regardless of how restored it gets.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m debating on selling my project car, it’s been a project regardless of how restored it gets.

Sell it and you will regret it. Let mine go after I ran out of time, energy, patience and money. I now have a little more of each, but can't find anything worthwhile to pick up on. Father in law has a '68 Cougar that he can't seem to finish. Think I'll probably end up with it, but the one you let get away will always be the one that got away.

Unless of course your project is a T-top Mustang SVO. In that case, you should dump it immediately. To me. Today.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll sill service my wife’s Fit and my moms car and, on occasion, my sisters if it’s something that’s not an immediate need. I’m debating on selling my project car, it’s been a project regardless of how restored it gets.
I did brakes on my wife's car up until about 10 years ago because it was fairly easy.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sell it and you will regret it. Let mine go after I ran out of time, energy, patience and money. I now have a little more of each, but can't find anything worthwhile to pick up on. Father in law has a '68 Cougar that he can't seem to finish. Think I'll probably end up with it, but the one you let get away will always be the one that got away.

Unless of course your project is a T-top Mustang SVO. In that case, you should dump it immediately. To me. Today.
Hahaha, not a t-top stang but it is an early model Mustang. My biggest issue is the safety of the car. Regardless of the condition of the car it’s always going to be dangerous if it’s ever in a collision, since it’s a ‘67 it doesn’t have the breakaway steering column and seeing any crash footage is enough to make me wary of driving it. I guess I’m old enough that my risktaking safety measures are kicking in.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did brakes on my wife's car up until about 10 years ago because it was fairly easy.
Brakes are one of the repairs that is easy, not affected by tech, and so much cheaper to do yourself vs a shop, maybe as much as 70% cheaper to do yourself. I won’t do it on my Navigator as we bought the maintenance package but I’ll do it on the wife’s car.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ah, an SVO fan! that was the first frivolous item i bought myself when i first started to make some dough 20 years ago when i was 20ish. i bought an 85 deep canyon red, 20,000 original single owner miles, garage kept, mint condition. it was fun until an 18 wheeler ran me off the road into a culvert and totalled it!!!! thank goodness several people witnessed it and one man even followed the truck enough to get the information of the truck and returned to the scene!!! the trucking companies insurance paid and it didnt ding my insurance. i replaced it with a supra turbo, parts and power were way more plentiful and cheaper.