2018 Windshield Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tickbouy

Reaction score
At 575 total miles a rock cracked the windshield on my 2018 Exp Limited. Took the repair shop 3 weeks to replace it. First, they ordered the wrong one, then it took Ford 10 days to get them a replacement. The shop charged $128 to calibrate the new windshield, they said, for the headlight sensor and lane departure features.

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure about the Expy, but when I had my windshield replaced on my 2016 Denali, they did not have to recalibrate the lane departure/wipers, but did mention that it may have to be done at the dealer if not working well.

I wonder what the recalibration procedure is?

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At 575 total miles a rock cracked the windshield on my 2018 Exp Limited. Took the repair shop 3 weeks to replace it. First, they ordered the wrong one, then it took Ford 10 days to get them a replacement. The shop charged $128 to calibrate the new windshield, they said, for the headlight sensor and lane departure features.

We didn’t have to do that when replacing our 2015 F150 windshield. I had my local Lincoln dealer do it. I’ve never heard that before.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just another reason I don’t buy vehicles with all that crap on it. Too much to break and cost a ton more.

Insurance pays here with no deductible for windshields. I would use no one other than the dealer.

They actually had your truck for 3 weeks?
If so it better have been a job done for free.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of the saying....Selling ice to an Eskimo!! LOL.

But seriously, it sounds plausible. There is a sensor cluster that does need to be attached to the windshield. Unless you got it precisely in the same location, I could see where it could need some tuning.