2020 KIng Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see Ford finally posted some info about the 2020 KR.

cant figure out why the body is missing the two tone paint? Well they are painting the lower valance and rear lower bumper cover... BUT the slab sides need a break up.

and why is KR not getting the higher HP engine set up?
still may go look at one

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the KR is setup more like a variation of loaded limited than parallel to a platinum.

It's lacking the massaging seats, noise cancellation, and the more powerful motor. Pretty much the same boat as the limiteds.

I haven't ever been a huge fan of the KR look as I'm not a brown fan, but I would like to see a Photoshop of one with a lower color. My guess is it probably didn't look as good since the new expeditions don't have the lower cladding on the sides.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Engines power is merely a Tune away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1300 in difference in base price is weird for max.
kr gets second row buckets standard, but does loose the multi contour seat

imo the HUGE slab side no matter what trim, needs a lower color stripe on the last crease of the door.
the monotone paint crap on all the SUVs lately is ugly.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two tone!?!? So old looking. This ain’t my dads truck!
Agreed. It’s definitely a generational taste thing. I’m 42 and never been a fan of two tone unless it’s a gen 1 vette or something from that era.... Late model Bugatti’s can’t even pull it off.

Taste is subjective and not everyone has it hahaha.... I’m joking of course. If you like two tone by all means, have at it.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want 2 tone and think it looks good paint it. The older ones look outdated now. Seen any 3 tone Cadillac Escalades running around?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree I like two tone, monotone is too common and I’m pretty young for reference. Grew up on and around King Ranch Super Duties though. The King Ranch/Eddie Bauer’s/Lariat two tones stand out on the road and you notice them. I never really glance at an XLT, Limited etc with the monotone, they just don’t catch your eye/ are pretty boring. A guy on my dock drives a 2016 black Platinum, so they are often parked close. He thought mine was higher end than his just a bit older because of the two tone paint and seats, so it does do something for presence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
guess my ass is OLD , i don't like the plain Jane slab side. it looks horrible on large vehicles with all that sheet metal screaming for some help.
i can always get it wrapped on the lower reveals. Its just weird ford abandoning the true KR look on the outside. It was bad enough when they dropped the thick saddle leather to accommodate the ventilated seats, but it is what it is. I am in no hurry to replace my 2016.
my 92 was the critter, pimp panel and all :banana-mario::banana-mario:

92 f250 and boat.jpg

CesarAguilar85

Reaction score
The 2020 Expedition King Ranch does have a two tone paint, it just is very subtle. You can see it in the lowest portion of the bumpers and the running boards. Check this video, you can see it here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt