2022 Expy announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
Great 15" display with lots of good information, but although they tried, they just couldn't find a spot for it. I was hoping it wouldn't turn out like this, perhaps all they did was stick a 15" Android Pad up there the best they could with double stick tape. The smaller display in landscape looks so much better, and doesn't stick up above the dash to block your view. Dang it

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
Did you all notice on the spec sheet the middle engine and the HO engine says it will use 93 octane? That could be incorrect as they currently only require 91. If true, that's a problem. Most locations out west only have 91. I don't think I've seen 93 since we moved out to AZ.
I'd imagine they made a few ICU mapping changes to get those few extra horses, but if it's not basically the same motor I'd be awfully surprised. Changing valve timing for increased compression may require use of 93 octane, a common practice in European cars to get another 20 horses

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The screen needs to be designed by an observant ergonomics engineer who understands human nature, and not some 20something ‘senior programmer’ who thinks he’s hot s***. Bad screen design is torture to users.

One reason I like the more manual heater controls. Very few cars get climate control correct using a screen (land rover is awful!)

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
What a mess auto design has become. If you want a simple, utilitarian truck to get you around your only choice seems to be a pickup. I don't need touch screen, WiFi or computer heating. Seems American manufacturers are giving up this share of the market. I suppose all this trim is one way of getting higher prices without much added cost. Electronics are cheap.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys, if you want a basic expy, get the stx. Itll still be around on the refresh, and it has physical buttons. Yall make it seem like you have to get the 15in screen if you want the truck, which isn't isn't case.

mamores24

Reaction score

Platinum, Stealth Performance, and Timberline trims get 440hp.

Blue Cruise an option, standard on Platinum.

Gotta say, it’s not looking bad.
Thanks for sharing! Glad I didnt see this until the weekend or my work week would've gone to hell.

As someone who bought a '21 Expy Stealth in June here are my thoughts:

Some good pros: Like the 12" screen, new tailgate, sports performance Stealth upgrades, Stealth calipers, 22 speakers, Sync4, & digital cluster

Some cons: Dont like the front headlights, 15" screen without buttons, & Stealth rims

Biggest Con: NO SILVER!!! The charcoal grey (Dark Matter) color looks great but will be dirty just like the black. Can't believe there's no silver option. Would have pushed us elsewhere. Glad we got ours when we did.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured out what’s wrong with the headlights….they are reflectors! CHEAP!!! My rusty 2007 that is soon ready for retirement is reflectors

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd imagine they made a few ICU mapping changes to get those few extra horses, but if it's not basically the same motor I'd be awfully surprised. Changing valve timing for increased compression may require use of 93 octane, a common practice in European cars to get another 20 horses
I get ICU changes, mapping changes, etc., but, if I need 93 octane to get my 400 or 440 horses, where I live you can only get 91. Most of the west only has 91. So, what's my horsepower on 91? No point paying for a certain trim level to get higher horses when I can't get them. Just saying.

Matthew Marlowe

Reaction score
Navigator has reduced towing capacity and inflated pricing on black or reserve labels, and expedition max still somewhat limited in payload, tongue weight, and rear suspension. Wagoneer supports 10k lbs towing,, but too short wheelbase.. Like the idea of the new timberline, but if it isn't available with platinum trim- not interested. Is ford trying to push limited to top trim on expedition? Impact of timberline wheels on towing? I'm not seeing enough reason to upgrade yet, at minimum..some kind of hybrid battery still needed. The only compelling vehicle right now for me is the lightning BEV truck.. apparently, there are plans to extend range with add-ons for truck or trailer. Just not sure of lightning payload in higher trims with larger battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhrrington