2023 Limited - Rattling Noise in Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
Update: after my brand new 2023 Ford Expedition Stealth Edition Dark Matter Gray has been at dealership since 12/11/23, I picked it up today bcuz the running board issue (see my running board thread) is still not resolved and I didn’t want to go another week or two without my $75k+ brand new vehicle.

The rattling in my liftgate was fixed and that fix last about 20 miles into my drive home and came back with a vengeance!!

Back to square 1 on running board and this rattling issue. Dealer has survey that I should receive in a few days and if it’s not a 5-star review they want a call. I cannot wait!!!! I will do that first and then contact Ford corporate bcuz these issues (running boards and liftgate rattle) are QA/QC issues at the factory.

I will also reach out to the new auto group (Asbury Automotive Grouo out of Georgia) that just finalized the purchase of Koons Ford fleet of dealerships where I bought my brand new 2023 Ford Expedition Stealth Edition from. This is a QA/QC on them too for not doing some checks on the vehicle before they stuff it on their lot. And also the terrible communications between me and the Service Advisor assigned to me..

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
Got to love the Ford quality these days.
Yeah. And the funny part about this is I still have my 2004 XLT with 218k miles on it and don’t shit rattle on it.

I broke down after telling my wife I’m not spending $70k+ on a new Expy bcuz Toyota jacked up the new Grand Highlander. She has a 16 XLE and it’s fine so when they made the new one bigger, i thought cool, not $70k.

Chopped down the 2nd row space to make it Grand. No for me.

So bit the bullet and got the new 23 Expy Limited thinking I’d get same quality for 20 years I got out of my XLT. Wrong! Into dealer with these issues before my first payment which was yesterday….

For $70k+ and a Limited, this truck should be rock solid.

Chrisms

Reaction score
Hello, @roybus14 were you able to find a solution to the rattle near the lift gate? I have a persistent rattle (more like a chatter) which is coming from the rear roof area near the lift gate on a 23 Explorer.

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
Hello, @roybus14 were you able to find a solution to the rattle near the lift gate? I have a persistent rattle (more like a chatter) which is coming from the rear roof area near the lift gate on a 23 Explorer.
Hey!

It was determined by a 2nd Ford shop that it was an issue with the plastic clips inside the lift-gate were not properly attached and they needed to add spacers. Now the lift-gate is nice and tight and the rattle is gone…

You may want to ask the dealer shop to check that everything is clipped in and tight….

I have an 04 still hanging on so I am an Expy fan which is why we bought this new one.

Ford’s quality has taken a hit over the years….