2024 Platinum First Thoughts and Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
Could the gauges be tied to driver memory? Have you tried setting the gauges then holding the driver memory button 1/2/3? Hold it until it beeps a second time and press the lock button on the key fob too.
Tried saving to my memory location. No joy.

Thanks for the idea.

Greg

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
Once you get through the pro backup setup/config it is marginally useful once in a while. I would not fret too much. I drove around a big parking lot for an hour or so to get mine ('23 Limited) calibrated, it was not an enjoyable experience.

I put the Raptor cover on, it works fine for the SPP engine.

And I found the gauges randomly reset too. Have not yet figured out how to keep them set the way I want them.

Any dealer should be able to address your issues. Have a discussion with your local maint. manager, let him know if he fixes the issues you will use his shop and not go to the one you purchased at. They get paid to do maintenance and should be interested in your business.

John
Understand about pro backup. I’ve been towing for over 30 years so comfortable with it. Still it was a feature that should work. Would like to try it if I can get the setup to complete. My frustration is the we got no clue response.

A raptor cover is likely in my future.

Gauge behavior has been consistent, just not the way you’d expect so far. Still digging.

Agreed about the dealer. Right now I wouldn’t trust them to vacuum the carpet.

I’ll report back when I have news. Thanks Everyone.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
My friend took delivery of his 2023 Expedition. When he tried starting it to leave the dealer, nothing happened. He popped the hood open and found that there was no engine installed. He went back into the dealer lobby to inquire why there was no engine and they said it was normal for some expeditions to not have an engine, even though the engine mount threads are present in the bay. He then had a towing company bring it to his house and plans on ordering the engine soon.
Probably the “chip shortage”?

Danm355

Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll check it out.

“Supply shortages”. I’m surprised Ford doesn’t blame it on the “chip shortage”, everyone else is. . Just poor supply chain management. It’s a piece of plastic. Oh well.
I had a couple features on my 2022 Expedition that were eliminated because the parts were not available due to the supply chain. They did deduct it from the price of the vehicle.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
Could the gauges be tied to driver memory? Have you tried setting the gauges then holding the driver memory button 1/2/3? Hold it until it beeps a second time and press the lock button on the key fob too.
Sorry, a little slow to get back to the group. I did try to save the driver memory with the gauges change. No change, always returns to default.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6 weeks/ 1.500 miles.
Likes: Power, handling, comfort, a ridiculous number of electronic toys (features). Bluecruise seems intriguing if I can get comfortable with it over longer trips. Tows great (22' Wells Cargo toy hauler). It replaced a 2013 Armada, so a huge step up.

Problems: Upholstery on third row seat not properly installed (middle lower corner has a 3" flap exposed) and declared to be "normal" by local dealer. Has anyone else had a similar issue? The dealer claimed to have multiple vehicles with the same issue. Shouldn't make it right/normal.

Calibrating/setup of Pro Backup Assist is a nightmare. Error messages are useless (turn tighter). Instead of guidance to complete setup from the dealer they started clearing codes and realigning cameras. Neither helped. The setup process only asked for trailer length from tow ball to trailer bumper, and its width, before pulling forward and then turning. I filled out a sheet with several different dimensions before my first attempt, but the setup process does not ask for any of it. From what I've read, these issues are not unusual. Is this process different compared to the '22s and '23s?

There is no engine cover. All the mounting points are still there, but no cover. Probably just cosmetic, but a stupid cost cutting move. I was told this was also "normal". I wonder when this happened.

Last and least; the configuratble gauges above the steering wheel are not sticky. Switching boost for transmission temperature seems to be a great alternative when towing, but it has to be changed every time the vehicle is started.

Full disclosure, I took the truck to a local (close) dealer, not the one where we bought the vehicle. Probably need to make the 45 minute trip and let them take a shot.

Thanks for comments/feedback.

If you still have the parts origin sheet, would you please check where the transmission was built? The transmission of my 2024 XLT was built in China.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
If you still have the parts origin sheet, would you please check where the transmission was built? The transmission of my 2024 XLT was built in China.
I'm not familiar with the perts origin sheet. What does it look like? WOuldit have been included in the glove box?

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the perts origin sheet. What does it look like? WOuldit have been included in the glove box?

It is a small piece of paper and should be together with the manual book that dealership gave you.