2025 ford expedition redesign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel at a minimum, Ford should have carried over the 400W/2kW (non-hybrid) ProPower system from the F-150s into the Expeditions. I'm not sure why Ford feels the 150W inverter currently offered is enough. Seems like to me it would streamline the supply chain a bit too instead of having different parts for every vehicle. Probably be easier on the software engineers that work on the infotainment system...

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2022 was a mid-cycle action. It doesn't get big changes like hybrid batteries, but containable changes like BlueCruise and the big screen. I don't say that negatively -- i cancelled my 2021 order for a 2022, but I'm also not willing to wait until 2026 or so.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2022 was a mid-cycle action. It doesn't get big changes like hybrid batteries, but containable changes like BlueCruise and the big screen. I don't say that negatively -- i cancelled my 2021 order for a 2022, but I'm also not willing to wait until 2026 or so.
You'd only have to wait till end of next year.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'd only have to wait till end of next year.
I think it's just a disguised mid-cycle action. There's a new program number, but it's like P552 to P702, not really all new, just a fancy MCA. When U55x gets all new everything, it'll have Powerboost, too.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
has anyone heard when order banks close for 2024? I heard it was closing early this time around and that ford is trying to get back on schedule with the 2025 MY refresh. I heard they are trying to get new vehicles out next summer and not wait until late fall for next year

Has anyone heard this or anything different?

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was watching a comparison video where on the expy, if you hit the camera button while driving, the rear camera feels the display on the main screen, does it really do this? And if it does, for how long?

13:09
@dlcorbett , yes I can confirm that it does. It will run for as long as you like. I've used this to keep a loose eye on contents of my utility trailer, though the nag message gets in the way (of course).

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@dlcorbett , yes I can confirm that it does. It will run for as long as you like. I've used this to keep a loose eye on contents of my utility trailer, though the nag message gets in the way (of course).
You might be able to get one of those in motion bypasses. I don't know if it is compatible though, but it could be. It is pricey though.

Edit: I wish it is like our 2005 Lexus LS430. You just need to access the secret debug menu, and you can override the in motion restrictions. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
has anyone heard when order banks close for 2024? I heard it was closing early this time around and that ford is trying to get back on schedule with the 2025 MY refresh. I heard they are trying to get new vehicles out next summer and not wait until late fall for next year

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

They usually dnt release this information until the next yrs order banKS get scheduled

Aggie76

Reaction score
So now that the F150 refresh has been revealed what changes do folks think will find their way to the 2025 Expedition? Grill updates are likely and almost guaranteed. Probably add the hybrid engine option as well. Other changes?