2wd front hub assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Bryan

Reaction score
On our 2012 King Ranch 2wd, noticed a very slight vibration in the steering wheel with some associated noise. Had new tires installed, still there. My tire guy didn't notice anything, but when I jacked up the front, the driver side wheel had .080" slop. The hub assembly was bad, local advance said 200.00 bucks each, I found two from Detroit Axle for 120.00 free shipping. Going to go ahead and change out both. Has this been an issue with this design, at 100,000 miles?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'm 4x4 at 130k and still rocking the original hubs. I would think 100k on wheel bearings is pretty good compared to cars ive had in the past

OP
OP
M

Mike Bryan

Reaction score
Yes, if it was a typical spindle and bearings, but with this new non serviceable design, by the way, it is not covered by my warranty, I would have thought it would have lasted longer. But, not having to deal with bearing tolerances, it is a good idea. By the way, the independent rear has the same setup. FYI, the 4x4 front assemblies are more readily available it would seem.

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have replaced all hubs on my old 2003 EB. So far, so good, but only 7000 miles on the new 2016 Limited
brick

OP
OP
M

Mike Bryan

Reaction score
How many miles did you get out of your old hubs? Also, what year did they change over to the new design? My 2001 has the spindle and bearings.

Clint Sommer

Reaction score
I just changed out the front hub assemblies on my 2012 KR 2wd at a little over 100k. The driver's side was making noise so I went ahead and did both. Runs like a dream now.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the "Detroit Axle" brand considered reputable?

Been looking at a great shocks-and-struts package deal from them, but had my doubts because they almost seem TOO affordable....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69