2WD Front Upper Control Arm Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace Bonnie's front UCA's with something beefier and hopefully with a uniball. Does anyone know an F-Series truck upper that would fit and if so, what year model?l

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, there's nothing really "beefier" out there for Gen2 UCA's . I used Moog, just because they're greaseable. The UCA's don't do anything other than keep the spindle upright. All the weight is supported by the lower control arms, and you can see that in their size and "beefyness". The dust boots turn to crap, and that's what destroys the upper joint.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I was told by the owner of an offroad shop in my area that he had a dude that was able to use the upper/lower from an F-Series truck and it only required a minor modification of some sort however, he didn't have any details.

I did get the Supreme Series lowers from Movotech and then had my fab guy gusset them.

Before-After Gusset Weld.jpg
IMG_0675.JPG

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bet they are stronger now with those gussets!

Your truck is Bonnie eh? She and my Betsy could be friends!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I would speculate that anything Moog makes in the USA is far superior off the shelf to Chinese Movotech with or without modifications.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Guangdong Provence isn't anywhere near Montreal and the guys casting those things in dirt don't speak French.

Imagine the cost of that $20 control arm after subtracting the shipping from Guangdong to Canada to the USA?

Americans don't need foundry jobs anyway, they'd rather work in Dairy Queen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I bet they are stronger now with those gussets!

Your truck is Bonnie eh? She and my Betsy could be friends!

They should be however, I'd like to fab up some boxed CUs.

Betsy's a good one!

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
Guangdong Provence isn't anywhere near Montreal and the guys casting those things in dirt don't speak French.

Imagine the cost of that $20 control arm cost after subtracting the shipping from Guangdong to Canada to the USA.

I had no idea.