3 JL 10"s and a 1000W amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Expeditionary

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I havent had any problems with the stock alt yet, I dont think the 1000w amp pulls 100amps because it has an 80 amp fuse on the back...
Anyway two of my friends have/had 2 15"s in their trucks, one has 2 Kicker L7 15s pushed by a 1500 watt MTX amp with a Kinetic battery in the back and an Interstate under the hood, 0/1 gauge wire from the battery on a stock amp. The other friend had 2 DB drive 15" subs powered by a 3000watt amp (idk the manufacturer) he had a Kinetic under the back seats, and a Yellow top under the hood on a stock alternator. also had a 650.4 kicker amp for the door speakers.
I havent noticed any loss of power since adding the amp like head lights dimming, batterygauge dipping when the bass hits, etc.
So ill probably keep the stocker till she blows then upgrade to a high amp one and a yellow top under the hood and put the Advance auto parts battery in the back of the truck lol

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Expeditionary, ah, so the 1000W rating is the peak then. So, you are really only pulling about 500W RMS. Peak power is meaningless in my opinion. It is only talked about since it is a bigger number and makes people think that you are packing more than you are. In that case, then the amp is only pulling about 50 amps. That is tolerable with the stock 130 amp alternator. You just may find yourself a little short in power on a cold, rainy night when you have the heat, wipers and a lot of other electrical stuff on and then cranking the stereo.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you wont have probs...i pushed 800 rms for the longest...upgraded to 200 amp cuz i knew i was going to be doing ahead...bigger system...more screens...lights

OP
OP
Expeditionary

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expeditionary, ah, so the 1000W rating is the peak then. So, you are really only pulling about 500W RMS. Peak power is meaningless in my opinion. It is only talked about since it is a bigger number and makes people think that you are packing more than you are. In that case, then the amp is only pulling about 50 amps. That is tolerable with the stock 130 amp alternator. You just may find yourself a little short in power on a cold, rainy night when you have the heat, wipers and a lot of other electrical stuff on and then cranking the stereo.

its pushing an RMS of 475 to them because it is wired at 4ohms, the amp is rated at 1000wRMS @ 1ohm
theyre 12ohm subs wired down to 4ohms, my new plan is to just switch them out with some 4ohm 10s to have a 1.3ohm load on the amp so I can push ~900WRMS to them... just have to find some good 10s that will handle 300WRMS a piece, shouldnt be too hard