305/40R22 rubbing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this tire size, and if so do you have any rubbing? I just got a set put on my truck and have some rubbing when turning. It was dark by the tie I left the shop so I didn't get a chance to really look and see where it was. Just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this.

Victor

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Rex, odds are, you are getting a little bit of rubbing on the front valance. This is a 5 minute fix for your truck. You will need to trim off a little bit (about 1/2" in) and taper it till you are not cutting anything off about 4" above the bottom of the valance. Do that and I bet your rubbing goes away.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rex, odds are, you are getting a little bit of rubbing on the front valance. This is a 5 minute fix for your truck. You will need to trim off a little bit (about 1/2" in) and taper it till you are not cutting anything off about 4" above the bottom of the valance. Do that and I bet your rubbing goes away.

i agree i had to do the same when i put the 24's on
:grd:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt need to trim anything with my 4'z or 6'z...and i know a couple other people have that size so it seems to me that offset is the problem...easy to fix though as they said above

96mustangV6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My buddy had that exact size on his 1gen Navi. And it never rubbed. Like mentioned. Sounds like an Offset Problem. 22s shouldnt rub on these.