3rd Gen Expedition speakers behind 3rd row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newnewowner

Reaction score
Hello all,

Has anyone with a 3rd gen expy ever check their speakers behind 3rd row facing forward on the D pillars to see if they work? I get no sound out of them.

20170825_222751.png

Last edited:

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
My initial response was "What speakers?" I've had the truck 6 weeks and never noticed them. But they're there. Now I'm wondering if the were there on my former '07.

I just checked and get quite low sound out of them for sure when I fade the sound all the way aft. Not sure what comes out in more balanced modes. They're right behind 3d seat passenger heads so low volume seems appropriate.

The rear seat audio controls may have more effect on the volume of these speakers.

-- Chuck

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My initial response was "What speakers?" I've had the truck 6 weeks and never noticed them. But they're there. Now I'm wondering if the were there on my former '07.

I just checked and get quite low sound out of them for sure when I fade the sound all the way aft. Not sure what comes out in more balanced modes. They're right behind 3d seat passenger heads so low volume seems appropriate.

The rear seat audio controls may have more effect on the volume of these speakers.

-- Chuck

In your sound settings, enable "Surround". The rear controls replicate the main controls, so no difference in output.

Hayes Riviere

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the music balance close to the front seat? I don't know about the newer ones, but in my 2013 I can adjust where in the vehicle I can hear the music and where the sound is most heard.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those rear speakers are the "surround" satellite speakers, and they don't produce a lot of sound. Thats not their purpose. They are designed to expand the "size" of the sound you hear. If you have a home theater, its the same setup.