3rd Gen MyFordTouch/Sync?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeezingInVA

Reaction score
Anyone know if/when the 3rd gen MyFordTouch/Sync they're going to soon be putting into the baby Fords will make it into the Exp so the dashboard electronics will finally get an okie-dokie from ConsumerReports (for us old guys)? :insane:

...Karl

Last edited:
OP
OP
GeezingInVA

GeezingInVA

Reaction score
I thought the 2015s got myfordtouch now?

I think you may be correct about MyFordTouch being there now, but according to the ConsumerReports review of the 2015 Exp, the version isn't the "updated" version that they anticipate will "fix" what they think is lacking in the current release. :banghead:

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
Hi GeezingInVA,

I cannot speculate on when exactly it'll be available on the Expedition, but all North American vehicle lines will have SYNC 3 by the end of 2016. :)

mreed112

Reaction score
Snyc 3 is listed as 2016 Job 1 in the order guide.

I have had zero issues with My Ford Touch in my 2015. I am not a big user of voice activated commands.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GeezingInVA

GeezingInVA

Reaction score
...all North American vehicle lines will have SYNC 3 by the end of 2016. :)

FordIVTteam,

Thanks for your response. Appreciated.

Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed, and hope my current 2004 keeps running without too many super-expensive repairs, and it won't completely rust out from under me before the late 2016 or early 2017 Expeditions get SYNC 3. :nutkick:

OP
OP
GeezingInVA

GeezingInVA

Reaction score
Snyc 3 is listed as 2016 Job 1 in the order guide.

I have had zero issues with My Ford Touch in my 2015. I am not a big user of voice activated commands.

mreed112,

Thanks! That's encouraging news on the timing.

We're not big voice activation command users either. For us, it's more about the missing knobs/switches on the dashboard for HVAC and the sound system, and having to get through multi-level touch screen menus while underway. I think perhaps that's also what ConsumerReports doesn't like about the current in-dash electronics.

We're just old geezers, so we (along with ConsumerReports, it seems) are hoping the SYNC 3 is a better performer in those respects than the current SYNC. :happy107:

Cousin Eddie

Reaction score
I also have a '15 with My Ford Touch. It is much better thought out than the 2010 sync system my wife had. There is a level of redundancy built into the displays so you can find the info you need at a glance.
The basic functionality of the screens defaults to 4 quadrants that can give you a glance of the Nav, Entertainment, Climate control, and Phone status. You also have a choice of dedicating the screens to any one of those devices. Again, all of the functions are redundant in one way or another.
The response time for touch screen inputs is outstanding. There is almost no noticeable lag.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

Reaction score
Ironically, I also have a 2004. They drive like two completely different vehicles. The new one is a friggin rocket, when compared to my 04.

OP
OP
GeezingInVA

GeezingInVA

Reaction score
I also have a '15 with My Ford Touch. The response time for touch screen inputs is outstanding. There is almost no noticeable lag.

Cousin Eddie,

Thanks! Sounds very encouraging. I wonder what the heck ConsumerReports thinks the SYNC 3 is going to improve over what you have in your '15 Exp? It sounds like we'd be pleased with the current version.

As far as the difference in performance between your 2004 and 2015,... "Rocket" is good. :waytogo:

...Karl

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701