3rd row seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abda53

Reaction score
I have a 97 EB that did not come with the 3rd row when I bought it used, however it does have the 3rd row seat belts and 4 floor hole things with a bar in each.. so I'm assuming it did come with the 3rd row seat but was removed at some point.

Tonight I picked up a 3rd row seat from someone who said it came from a 98, the color and style matches pictures I've seen, but it has a wheel on the fronts, and the diagram located on the back of the seat talks about a bar on the floor? that the seat connects to. Is this seat from a newer model that's not compatible or do I need an attachment of some sort, or am i just doing it wrong? It looks like it would line up fine without the wheel, and the back looks like it goes in fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the wheels are used to guide it in since it's heavy/bulky into the front, and the bar(s) on the floors are where the latches on each side attach. I don't know if they changed 97 to 98, but mine is a '97 w/ original third-row seating.

PanHandler.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bar across the back of the seat is what you use to unlatch the seat from the floor once it's installed