3rd row seat removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Genuine question as there seems to be a piece of the equation I’m missing, if wanting to remove the 3rd row, why spend the extra for an Expedition instead of just getting a crew cab F-150 with a canopy?

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Genuine question as there seems to be a piece of the equation I’m missing, if wanting to remove the 3rd row, why spend the extra for an Expedition instead of just getting a crew cab F-150 with a canopy?

A reasonable question...

1. I like all my gear available to me, in a secure, climate controlled environment for four with the ability to reach through to the back
2. When I sleep in the back, if something occurs that I do not like, I can hop in front w/o exiting and drive away
3. Have owned, and don't like p/u trucks for the overall look and bed access, even with sealed waterproof covers
4. I don't often haul debris/garbage and if I do, I have a cargo box for the hitch
5. Better weight distribution when empty
6. Better road manners when full and empty
7. Better fuel mileage
8. Better looking (YMMV)
9. Significantly better dust proofing and water proofing (yes my waterproof stuff on the p/u leaked despite being very high quality)
10. Better curb appeal in some areas
11. Don't like minivans

Some of the above--for some--may be argued as subjective but that is my preference. I am only one man, but occasionally am blessed to have an attractive travel companion or two.
I want the 3rd row gone, because it takes up space and weight (maybe 100 pounds?) that I currently don't need--unless one of my companions (or God no both) start pounding on my door with test kits in hand, I'd prefer the 3rd row seat gone.

Once I get set up properly (lift/tires/hitch mount tire) I will work on my bed box/tray/power.
I am fairly handy, but always ask for pics, b/c I don't want surprises and don't want to look like a chunk of my truck and carpet are missing.

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Second row comfort (recline) and pass thru to rear I would think is the biggest difference after having an F150 for a long time as a loaner.

chassis tuning on the trucks also appear to be towards laden weight (load in truck bed)