4th Gen Expy FORScan Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got in touch with FORScan support regarding some of the control units not allowing any blocks to be written and they sent me a newer beta that hasn’t been released yet to try. Unfortunately the 2018 Expys are too new and Ford changed something with them that the software or control units arenot happy with. I will post an update when something changes.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
The next time you are connected to your truck, would you mind looking at this address: BCM 726-42-01

I'd love to know what the full field of data there is. Thanks!

Dennis48755

Reaction score
Heh, heh, this is fun.

I made some of the changes rcompart mentioned in the 1st post here.

Love having H/C Seat Buttons on the screen.

I tried: IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xE5x xxxxto turn on the gauge temps, but the write failed.

The next time you are connected to your truck, would you mind looking at this address: BCM 726-42-01

I'd love to know what the full field of data there is. Thanks!

For my 2018 Expedition Limited Max I have: 0100 0000 0071

Dennis

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Dennis, thanks for that! Very, very interesting. Based on the current general knowledge of the BCM it would seem you have secure idle enabled as part of the AS-BUILT data. So I have one more favor to ask, next time you're in the truck, please start it as per normal, then get out and put the key fob out of range of the vehicle, return to the drivers seat and see if it lets you shift from park into gear.

nick

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Thank you for verifying! That's awesome- you guys with 2018's have Secure Idle set from the factory.

I sure as hell wish we could say the same with the 2017 Expys.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the key leaves the vehicle after it’s already started but still in park it will not shift from park until the key returns to the vehicle. Super handy for those of us with kids in cold climates, among other things. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tan Khai Nguyen