4wd disable.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm trying to disable my A4WD system by cutting power to the clutch in the transfer case. Heres the diagram. I cut the wire but I can still put it in 4wd with the switch in the cab. Is this right? Did I cut the wrong wire? Brown one on the transfer case.

1.jpg

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
why are you doing this?4wd is not active till the truck speed sensors sdee wheel slip. unless you want to smoke your tires?

OP
OP
A

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm trying to diagnose a problem, and I think I've got it. The magnetic clutch is only used temporarily for that TOD crap right? 4WD Hi is activated by the shift motor right?

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
yes the front wheels have to come up to speed so they use a clutch to do this in the auto position . they do use the speed sensors to do this so if your having abs problems this may effect the all wheel drive
4wheel drive hi and low range in the tranfer case is done mechanicly (sp)with gears and chains. yes the motor does activate 4 hi and low

Last edited:

ROCKSBITE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what problem are you having? there is a fuse under the hood that controls the 4x4 system. i just pull that