4x4 not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Earl Gardner

Reaction score
No conduit for me. Plc, freq drives, instrumentation, and communications. Voltage testing is anot her valid way to check most fuses but you will find fuses that pass voltage but not current. When you pull them from the circuit, which you should do for resistance readings, you may not see them open with an ohmeter either. These are called semiconductor fuses and you probably will not find them in a automotive application. For a car fuse pulling the fuse give you both a visual check and ohm. I have never seen a car fuse pass an ohm check and not a volts check. I have seen a car fuse pass with voltage but not ohms and it was open and the cause of the issue. The blade was cracked off just inter where the test point was. Visual check found it after it failed to ohm out.

And no, I wasn't looking for a quick fix, just surveying what others have experienced with similar problems. When researching all the symptoms I see the common answer is the abs computer but wanted to hear others thoughts.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are correct about them passing voltage when they pass and ohm check The purpose of checking the for input and output voltage is to make sure voltage is present You stated you had a code that showed no voltage to the ABS So why check for ohms when you need volts. A lot of wasted effort pulling automotive fuses when a simple check for voltage would produce the same results. And also I am still waiting for you to post the code(s) that you had

Did you test all 6 of the fuses for the ABS module?

OP
OP
E

Earl Gardner

Reaction score
Ohms checks the fuses integrity, yes I checked for voltage. Even at the modules connector. Top of my head, because it has been a few months since I started working on it...busy summer and now looking to winter...I do not remember how many fuses it was besides the word alot. I haven't run it again to pull the code again to post its. A voltage may not produce the sake results. As stated before I have seen fuses pads a vlot age check and not the ohms, depends on what broke.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would be nice had you stated you checked for voltage from the get go. Because in all of your posts you don't mention anything about checking for voltage either at the fuse or the modules. The information that you will receive on this forum will be based on the information you provide. And since I or anyone else wasn't there when you ran any test we have no idea what you may have done or not done.