5.4 Triton engine = ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i got the 99 5.4 Triton and was just wondering would it be = to a 302, or 351 or what, Can some one tell me and is it consider a Cleveland or Windsor or am i thinking old school engines

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never known it to be anything "special" other then headgasket issues, spark plug hole issues. I've put 260,000 on two of them before buying my '17 and while they never broke other than those issues, I was fortunate that I never had the spark plug issues....the '99 was a tank and I got 228K before the body rusted...the '30 had electrical issues....

jeff

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Triton engines have nothing to do with the old school SBF.

OHC vs pushrod engines.

OP
OP
whitelightning99

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never known it to be anything "special" other then headgasket issues, spark plug hole issues. I've put 260,000 on two of them before buying my '17 and while they never broke other than those issues, I was fortunate that I never had the spark plug issues....the '99 was a tank and I got 228K before the body rusted...the '30 had electrical issues....

jeff

what does all this ^^^^ have to do anything i ask about ***** that didnt even answer my question but have since figured out what i needed to know

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
what does all this ^^^^ have to do anything i ask about ***** that didnt even answer my question but have since figured out what i needed to know

Lighting, you don't need to be rude about it, he's giving a general prospective on what issues arise with the good ol' triton engine.

And please stop with this little kiddy crap of saying you old guys, you're a troll, you guys are rich and I'm poor and ***** this & that. Act a little more mature and show some respect to others.

And for the love of God, before you post a new rather useless thread subject:
save a draft
Read it back to yourself
Go search it on Google & YouTube
If by then you don't find the answer to your problem
Come back and post the thread.
Cause it seems on 99% of your threads you have managed to find the answer using an external source and saving us the headache of answering your question when all you're going to do is laugh and mock about it.

And yes I have a doge meme with a rainbow in my avatar if you feel the need to point that one out for the third time.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been here over 2 years with 50 posts, WL has been here a whole 6 WEEKS with over 200 posts. Obviously, he is so much more important & smarter which is probably why he thought his 5.4 was some important engine, which I clearly pointed out, that it wasn't.

Or maybe he just lacks a life so he over-posts which is why I had ignored him......

jeff