5.4L Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skunky26

Reaction score
Hey hows it going guys I have a question. I have a 99 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer with a 5.4L 4x4 and my engine has 181,000 miles its knocking bad & leaking Oil & antifreeze it has a really bad smell when you drive it . I have to replace my engine I went to the Ford Dealer they want $3,400 for the engine & another $1,400 to install it. Right now things are tight for me so i can't cough up that kind of money. Is there a sight or any places you guys might know where i can find a use engine with low miles for pretty cheap I'm looking to spend $2000 to $3,500. Please if anyone has any helpful information i would be very greatful & very very thankful. I love my Expedition & have way to much money in it to let it go. Thanks guys for your time in replying back to me with some help. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're going to buy a new engine you should look into putting something in with more hp and torque, that won't require any or much modding. Probably not the best for if you're on a budget though. See how much you can get for selling it as is, and how much buying an equivalant running one is, and see if buying a new engine is really cheaper.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try ebay. If there isn't an engine for auction now, there will be.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dag burn it! It has a rod knock. Didn't see that. Damn Ford!

Sorry.