6000 mile road trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tater

Reaction score
Finally took a trip with our 2015 Expedition with 72,000 miles. We traveled 6000 miles from Michigan to Capitol Reef, Tetons, Moab, Bryce, Zion, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore. I was surprised to get a 21.8 MPG average. I checked it both manually with a calculator and with the digital readout on the car. Best mileage was achieved at an even 70 MPH, anything higher lowered the mileage. Worst mileage was 16, best 26 drafting a motorhome. Used the cruise control as much as possible.

Plati

Reaction score
Finally took a trip with our 2015 Expedition with 72,000 miles. We traveled 6000 miles from Michigan to Capitol Reef, Tetons, Moab, Bryce, Zion, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore. I was surprised to get a 21.8 MPG average. I checked it both manually with a calculator and with the digital readout on the car. Best mileage was achieved at an even 70 MPH, anything higher lowered the mileage. Worst mileage was 16, best 26 drafting a motorhome. Used the cruise control as much as possible.
Nice trip. Great places. Hope you went through Beartooth Highway, love that route. Fire threatening Red Lodge now. Need at least one picture !!

Did you get fried by the sun through the driver window? I've learned to wear wrap around sunglasses and a long sleeve SPF50 shirt & I even made a cardboard sunshade for the lower part of the window. I need to get the ceramic reflective coating installed.